Mobility access conversion for vehicles to travel in your wheelchair
Our Wheelchair Access Conversions have been developed through Tripod Mobility, (a company located in the Netherlands), who have been specialising in vehicle mobility access since the 1980’s.
Their unique kit design has enabled their conversions to be installed all over the world keeping the safety and quality at a high level with the wheelchair access position fully tested to the latest European standards.
Through our collaboration with Tripod Mobility we are able to bring this high level of safety in the wheelchair access conversions to Australia and being in a kit for the conversion can be completed in as little as 10 working days.
All of our Wheelchair Access Conversions have been developed in conjunction with the vehicle manufacturers, ensuring the integrity of the vehicle is not compromised.
The vehicle models that can be converted are as follows:
- VW Caddy Maxi Life/VW Caddy Life
- Renault Kangoo
- Fiat Doblo
- Peugeot Partner
- Citroen Berlingo
Features of the conversion include:
- Lowered floor up to the second row
- Q’Straint or Unwin 4-point wheelchair tie down system
- Adjustable 3-point (Lap/sash) seatbelt for the wheelchair passenger
- Lightweight short ramp with hydraulic kneeling lowering system (with optional double folding longer ramp)
- Up to 5 seating positions; plus 1 wheelchair depending on the vehicle model
- Option of winch for wheelchair passenger
- Option of tested automotive back and head restraint for wheelchair passenger
- Option of remote operated rear door and ramp opener
The conversions in their kit form are also available for our Dealers and Installers anywhere in Australia.
If you are interested in finding out more on these to add to your company portfolio please inquire within. Full training available for the first conversion and full technical support throughout.
For further information on our Wheelchair Access Conversions please download the brochure, or contact Mobility Engineering and speak with one of our friendly staff members.